COVID-19 Update from Northern Wind Seafood
To Our Customers & Partners:
During this time of unprecedented uncertainty, all of us here at Northern Wind are concerned about the safety and well-being of our families, colleagues, customers, partners and many friends who make up the vibrant Northern Wind family. As one of the largest scallop processors in the United States, we would like to share our plan of action to make sure our supply chain from boat to table is not disrupted.
As a global seafood company, Northern Wind is closely monitoring the situation and the evolving intelligence from public health officials, travel and national security authorities. Northern Wind is following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and other similar organizations to ensure we have the best plans in place to protect our people, our customers and our brands.
Over the past couple of weeks, Northern Wind has taken several actions to safeguard the health of their employees and at the same time preserve its ability to operate. Northern Wind has identified the critical areas of its business to ensure they have enough resources to keep their plants open and to make sure they are running safely to fulfill customer needs. Northern Wind has also implemented a plan to remove non-essential personnel from operating areas and those who can perform their jobs from home have begun working from home to minimize any potential virus transmissions between employees.
Northern Wind has also initiated the following practices:
- Business travel has been suspended.
- Employees who are feeling sick will be asked to stay at home.
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing throughout our facilities.
- Focusing on sanitizing high-touch areas such as counters, employee kitchen, doorknobs tables, etc.
- Reinforcing our already strict sanitation, handwashing and health and wellness policies for employees.
- Making every effort to ensure hand sanitizer is always available for our employees.
- Creating feedback channels for employees, customers and partners to help quickly answer questions and provide any necessary guidance.
- For over 30 years, Northern Wind has earned its reputation for providing its customers with only the freshest all natural scallops, wild caught, and fleet harvested from the icy pure waters of the North Atlantic. Northern Wind is a member of the American Scallop Association and provides its customers with the freshest seafood products that have been responsibly harvested using sustainable and environmentally friendly practices.
As a company with global reach, times like these are a reminder that we are all connected and each of us has a role to play in helping each other. At Northern Wind, we are committed to just doing that!
Everyone at Northern Wind wishes you and your family safety and wellness during these restless times.